Synthetic Ultramarine Blue Pigment:
Being a consumer product, Ultramarine is used for brightening the white cotton cloth after washing and to provide blue color and brightness to plastics and rubber used in the industries. It acts as a brightening agent in white washing and is the only ultramarine blue pigment that does not fade under sunlight or heat (UPTO 350 DEGREES). It also has various other usage.
- As blue colorant in master batches and plastic resins.
- As an optical whitener on fabric, paper, plastics, rubber and paints.
- As blue colorant in printing inks.
- Finer qualities are used in painting and engraving
- Ultramarine Blue is 50% used for laundry, 40% for the white washes on exterior surface and 10% for the Industrial use.